Full-Time or Part-Time Associate
Reports to: Owner
We're seeking associates to assist customers with finding their quinstance: an object that makes you happy every time you use it, put it on or look at it. To do this, you need to understand our rotating lineup of products — every two to three weeks we get new items in — and be committed to telling the stories of the objects and the makers behind them. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment. Essential skills include:
- communicating clearly and comfortably with customers
- the ability to learn, retain and communicate accurately and enthusiastically the product information for hundreds of unique products
- working non-competitively as part of a team
- an understanding of the upscale and luxury retail market
- familiarity with computer systems (POS, booking systems, etc.)
- familiarity with counting a cash drawer and other opening/closing procedures
Additional areas of involvement may include social media, public relations, marketing, and data analysis, depending on candidates' areas of interest and background.
FT and PT positions are available, but please realize that opening and/or closing is part of the job. Exact times will be worked out with owner and the schedule will be regular.
Employees working 30+ hours per week are benefits-eligible and everyone earns PTO hours better than state-mandated sick leave policies. Not to mention the store discount!
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.